Switchable Smart Windows
Gauzy is the world leader in smart window (smart glass) technology
Gauzy is the world leader in the development and manufacturing of Smart Window technology. Our switchable smart glass or smart window technology LCG® (light control glass), allows smart glass to change from transparent to varying degrees of opaque on demand for privacy, custom shading, solar control, and transparent displays in the spaces where you spend your time most.
Complete privacy or transparency when you need and want it most
Solar Control LC reflects IR light that creates heat, making spaces cooler & greener
Patterned blinds and custom shapes upgrade rooms and common spaces for unique interiors designs
Transform any window into a movie screen with rear-projection display
- Ultra low haze: avg. 2.5%
- UV Blocking: 99%
- Minimal energy consumption: avg. 3w/m²
- Operating Voltages: 42-70VAC
- Switching Times: 10ms
- Max Width: 1.8m (5.9ft) wide
- Standard or custom shapes with holes, notches
- Glass Types: Annealed, Tempered, Clear, Low Iron/Ultra Clear, IG Units, other
- Indoor and outdoor grades available
- Rolls or C2F sheets for professionals
- Compatible with PVB, EVA, TPU, SGP interlayers
- Custom laser-etched patterns
Get a FREE no obligation quote from a smart window expert
Turn Smart Window off and on
How Smart Windows Works
Smart glass technology is an active glass technology that switches states with electricity. The unique particles or molecules inside our films scatter or align as films are turned on and off, allowing for opacity or transparency.
LCG® Smart Glass Film Types
Gauzy manufactures two different kinds of films: one for lamination and one for retrofitting onto existing glass. PDLC technology is available as as a laminated smart glass or adhesive smart film.
Laminated Smart Glass
Support sophisticated projects from the start
with films that are laminated between two pieces of glass by Gauzy’s fabrication partners.
Adhesive Smart Film
Transform existing glass into LCG® with an adhesive smart film with a scratch proof protective outer coating for long-lasting durability.
Get a FREE no obligation quote from a smart window expert
Gauzy’s wall mounted Touch Panels and RF Remotes offer versatile control of smart windows to suit the needs of every user, providing:
- Control of single or multiple glasses and segments
- Remotes with long range RF control up to 30m/98ft
- On/off and dimming functionalities
- WIFI enabled for easy syncing with automation system like Alexa and Google Home
- Sleek & Modern Design with a clean finish
- Available as remote only, or touch panels + remotes
*Touch Panels – US only ; Remotes – Global
Why Choose Gauzy?
Our Smart Window Technology
- Lowest haze industry wide
- Fast switching time of 0.1 seconds
- Low voltage power consumption
- Lifetime over 18 million+ on/off cycles
- Over 10,000 consecutive ‘On’ hours
- Fully customizable dimensions, shapes, patterns
- All day transparency with patented controllers
- Manufactured in ISO 9001 compliant facilities worldwide
- CE and UL certified hardware
- Touch Panels and RF Remotes
- Gauzy is the only material science company in the world
developing, manufacturing, and marketing two of the three active light control technologies: SPD and PDLC
- Gauzy is passionate about continuously improving smart glass products through research and development
- Gauzy’s LCG®️ smart glass technology is available in over 40 countries
- Gauzy partners with, certifies and trains glass fabricators and installers worldwide to ensure the highest quality
Get a free no obligation quote
Questions and Answers
In the clear, or ON state, an electrical current is passed through a layer of film called PDLC (Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal). The electrified state causes microscopic crystals to align along a number of parallel axes, thus allowing vision through the glass.
Smart Glass in its OFF state has a frosted or opaque appearance because the PDLC (Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal) remain in a randomized configuration that refracts the light that enters the mixture.
Haze factor describes the amount of light scattered when light passes through a transparent sample. The lower the haze factor value, the higher the clarity of the sample, indicating fewer impurities.
Gauzy’s has a ultra low haze: avg. 2.5%. This is the best in the industry.
PDLC is an initialism for Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal.
Laminated LCG® smart glass is produced by sealing a sheet of PDLC film between two panes of glass by a glass fabricator or glass processor. A glazier or glass installer then installs the glass, and an electrician connects it to a power source.
Laminated smart glass is more durable because the film is protected from the elements. Laminated Smart glass is cleaned just like regular glass with standard products from both sides making it easy to clean, disinfect and sterilize.
Adhesive smart film is also known as retrofit film. Standard glass can be converted into smart glass with Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) adhesive smart films, which are designed to be applied to existing, already installed glass, for an instant upgrade. Instead of laminating the film between two pieces of glass, adhesive smart films have one side that is sticky, for adhesion onto glass. The other side has a scratch proof coating for some extra protection since the film is not protected from both sides.
Switchable smart glass can block 99% of all UV rays.
No. We have a network of professional installers that we’ve partnered with for smart glass and film installation.
What type of application and where is the switchable glass/film being installed (interior, exterior, wet application, etc)?
What is the size (width and length) for each of the pieces in the project?
What are the glass specifications required (polished edges, low iron, etc)?
What is the wiring location required for each panel?
Are you an architect, glazier, or end-user?
What is the shipping address for the project?
Yes. Call sales for more information: +1 214 501 2469