Laminated Smart Glass
Laminated LCG® smart glass with Gauzy’s premium Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) technology allows glass to turn on, off, or anywhere in between in milliseconds for diverse light control applications
Gauzy’s wide range of indoor and outdoor grade PDLC technologies are laminated by our global network of certified glass fabricators to create laminated smart glass. Smart glass with PDLC technology provides various industries the flexibility to control different types of light, while supporting:
Complete privacy or transparency when you need and want it most
Solar Control smart films reflect IR light providing cooler interiors and less HVAC costs
Mitigate longterm costs associated with cleaning, cooling, and signage
Custom shapes and patterns add style and function to windows and partitions
Replace thick studded walls with thin partitions or section open floor plans with minimalist solutions
Easy To Clean
Eliminate fabric or electronic curtains that are hard to clean and collect germs while affecting designs
Provide light or privacy and give users flexibility to control their space for greater sense of control and wellbeing
- Ultra low haze: avg. 2.5%
- UV Blocking: 99%
- Minimal energy consumption: avg. 3w/m²
- Operating Voltages: 35-70VAC
- Switching Times: 10ms
- Max Width: 1.8m (5.9ft) wide
- Standard or custom shapes with holes, notches
- Glass Types: Annealed, Tempered, Clear, Low Iron/Ultra Clear, IG Units, other
- Indoor and outdoor grades available
- Rolls or C2F sheets for professionals
- Compatible with PVB, EVA, TPU, SGP interlayers
- Custom laser-etched patterns
Laminated Smart Glass Composition
PDLC based Smart Glass films developed and manufactured by Gauzy are laminated between two pieces of glass with adhesive interlayers (PVB, EVA, TPU, UA) to create LCG® Smart Glass. Smart glass can be comprised of various types of glass to best fit a projects needs.
Laminated Smart Glass Technologies
The following films are available as laminated smart glass for projects worldwide, or as raw material rolls and sheets to be laminated by qualified glass fabricators
Gauzy’s patented controllers ensure the highest quality optical and mechanical performance. Our proprietary technology allows glass to stay on 24/7, and preserves smart glass for long lasting durability.
- Mini, Flex, and MultiPlex models for various glass sizes and channel outputs
- On, Off, Dimming functions
- Small form factor and footprint with easy installation
- Large drive capacity
- Square-wave outputs for ultra high transparency
- Advanced protection features for better ROI and MTBF
- Ultra-low voltage for up to 40% reduction in power consumption
- WIFI/DMX/RS-485 compatible for easy connection to Lutron systems or other automation platforms
Get a free no obligation quote
Explore Smart Glass Industries
Questions and Answers
Yes. Gauzy offers both films for lamination by fabricators, and a wet adhesive retrofit film, allowing any piece of existing glass to become LCG®.
Gauzy PDLC films can turn from completely opaque to completely transparent and the other way around in less than 0.1 seconds
Gauzy is the only provider of completely optimized PDLC films suitable for outdoor use. Our High-Temp LCG® and Solar Control LCG® are well suited for outdoor conditions.
Smart glass consumes low voltage and low power consumption. the product is driven by our patented controllers LCG® which consumes on average 3 Watt/m2.
LCG® smart glass is cleaned just like any ordinary glass, with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
Yes. Gauzy’s Solar LCG® smart glass products reflects IR light, therefore reducing temperatures inside a building by up to 15 degrees C, making cooling systems consume less energy. 10 sqm of our transparent displays systems consumes less than 1 LED bulb, making advertising more polite and ecofriendly.