Adhesive Smart Film
Convert standard glass into LCG®️ smart glass with Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) adhesive smart films designed to be retrofitted into an existing space for an instant upgrade
Gauzy’s LCG® adhesive smart films work just like laminated smart glass, instantly switching from opaque to transparent for dynamic light control. Installed by trained film installers onto existing windows and glass partitions
PDLC smart films support:
Complete privacy or transparency when you need and want it most
Solar Control LC films reflect IR light that creates heat for cooler interiors and less HVAC costs
Mitigate longterm costs associated with cleaning, cooling, and signage
Utilize laser-cut shapes and sizes for extra customization and features
Replace thick studded walls with thin partitions or section open floor plans with minimalist solutions
Easy-to-install film converts ordinary glass into smart, dynamic glass for immediate use
Provide light or privacy and give users flexibility to control their space for greater sense of control and wellbeing
- Ultra low haze: avg. 2.5%
- Film thickness 560 µm
- Minimal energy consumption: 1-3W/m2
- Operating Voltages: 48-70 VAC
- Switching Times: 10ms
- Max Width: 1.5m (4.9ft) wide
- Standard or custom shapes with holes, notches
- Glass Types: Annealed, Tempered, Clear, Low Iron/Ultra Clear, IG Units, other
- Indoor and outdoor grades available
- Rolls or C2F sheets for professionals
- Adhesive Types: dry
- Scratch resistant coating
- Custom laser-etched patterns
Adhesive Smart Film Technologies
The following films are available for retrofitting onto existing glass by trained professionals worldwide, and are available as cut to fit sheets or rolls for qualified window film installers
Gauzy’s patented controllers ensure the highest quality optical and mechanical performance. Our proprietary technology allows glass to stay on 24/7, and preserves smart glass for long lasting durability.
- Mini, Flex, and MultiPlex models for various glass sizes and channel outputs
- On, Off, Dimming functions
- Small form factor and footprint with easy installation
- Large drive capacity
- Square-wave outputs for ultra high transparency
- Advanced protection features for better ROI and MTBF
- Ultra-low voltage for up to 40% reduction in power consumption
- WIFI/DMX/RS-485 compatible for easy connection to Lutron systems or other automation platforms
Get a free no obligation quote
Questions and Answers
Yes. Gauzy offers film for lamination by fabricators, allowing any piece of existing glass to become LCG® smart glass.
Gauzy PDLC smart films can turn from completely opaque to completely transparent and the other way around in less than 0.1 seconds
Gauzy is the only provider of completely optimized PDLC smart films suitable for outdoor use. Our High-Temp LCG® and Solar Control LCG® are well suited for outdoor conditions.
Gauzy PDLC smart films consumes low voltage and low power consumption. the product is driven by our patented controllers LCG® which consumes on average 3 Watt/m2.
LCG® is cleaned just like any ordinary glass, with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
Yes. Gauzy’s Solar LCG® products reflects IR light, therefore reducing temperatures inside a building by up to 15 degrees C, making cooling systems consume less energy. 10 sqm of our transparent displays systems consumes less than 1 LED bulb, making advertising more polite and ecofriendly.