Come work with Us
Explore the positions below, or use the filters for a more targeted search.
VSAS I Design Engineer
About The Position
Vision Systems – A Gauzy company is a technology company involved in redefining the future of human comfort in a vehicle cabin by engineering cutting edge solution like electronically dimmable window (EDW) which is applicable as high-end shading systems to various industries like automotive, railway, aeronautics, marine and architecture. We are constantly improving and pushing the boundary of technology in order to be on the forefront of the industry.
With our business unit Safety tech, we are engineering potentially life-saving technology by developing camera monitoring systems and various ADAS solutions for commercial vehicles like trucks, buses and coaches to make the road a safer place for everyone.
About the role
You will be joining a small yet agile team in the Singapore office as a Design Engineer and be involved in our pioneering effort to grow our footprint in Asia. You would have the opportunity to collaborate with our engineering team in Europe and be involved in projects involving different products for different industry. You will be reporting to the Project & Design Engineering Manager.
In the beginning, your key responsibilities include :
- Involve in concept definition with the project team and/or engineering manager & carry out mechanical design/development in 3D & 2D CAD tool, including BOM creation.
- Provide technical assistance to project manager & engineering manager for general CAD matters, clarification on technical issues etc.
- Interface with department of various engineering discipline (industrialization, production, project manager, etc.) and provide support when necessary.
- Involve in engineering studies (concept definition, calculations, analysis in CAD, etc.) necessary during the process of identifying potential vendors and partners.
And to be expanded to:
- Participate in the process of deriving technical solution which involves structured risk identification & assessment (AMDEC/DFMEA) and prepare proposal of action plans necessary.
- Define with project team and/or engineering manager the validation plan necessary and provide support to streamline the identified validation test when required.
- Participate in establishing the detailed product development schedule with the project manager & engineering manager.
- Entry level /1-2 years experience.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic or in any related field.
- Familiar with CAD tool, e.g. Catia, Siemens NX, Creo (preferred) with practical application experience*.
- Good knowledge with common Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Strong analytical skills and motivated when it comes to problem solving in order to achieve the targeted result.
- Willingness to learn via on-the-job training in a dynamic environment.
- Good proficiency in English with ability to communicate both verbally and in writings efficiently.
- Availability to travel when required.
*Mechanical design experience in a project during undergraduate studies also considered.
Apply for this position
Don't see a position that suits you?
Send us your resume and we’ll keep it on file for future reference.